30th April 2020
We’re delighted and very excited to finally bring you our brand new mobile app - ecoPortal Connect - the simple, beautiful and intuitive way to increase staff engagement in health and safety.
The world is changing quickly. Very, very quickly. We’re sure everybody’s a bit tired of the word ‘unprecedented’ at this point. Unfortunately, its definition is no less accurate now than it was upon the immediate arrival of that highly unwelcome guest; COVID-19.
By definition, the safety industry hovers over a precipice of monumental change and challenge regarding the safety of workforces across the globe - and more so than ever our health and safety professionals require pragmatic, modern solutions to evolving problems. For your benefit, we have pulled together an expansive collection of useful COVID-19 resources.
With ecoPortal Connect, we are leveraging the existing power of the ecoPortal web app alongside the addition of crucial, brand new features that compliment the flexibility and convenience of a mobile app.
Speaking of new features, let’s start with one of the big ones. Two words that are going to be on the lips of everybody over the next few weeks; contact tracing. Our contact tracing feature allows visibility into the location, time and duration of potential contact if a staff member has self-identified as having been exposed to COVID-19, or is exhibiting symptoms. The contact tracing app will provide clarity, while keeping data anonymous.
For more detail on the privacy and accuracy aspects of contact tracing, read our contact tracing blog post.
Now, the biggie
You spoke and we listened. ecoPortal Connect sees the inclusion of the highly requested and anticipated offline mode; a pivotal step in forwarding the development of a holistic, mobile health and safety solution.
We understand that health and safety roles by their very nature see professionals working in a broad capacity across the entire business. This frequently leads them off-the -grid; we see this most palpably in industries such as forestry, mining and construction. That list, however, is not limited to only high risk industries or off-the-grid operations. We also know that - simply put - an internet signal is occasionally just absolutely terrible! That’s not an issue anymore. Now you can log any event without an internet connection and ecoPortal Connect will sync to the ecoPortal web app as soon as a hint of connectivity is in the air.
These are the key benefits of ecoPortal Connect
Log new events at the touch of a button.
- Reporting incidents, accidents and near misses is a breeze - fast, easy and intuitive.
- All events reported by the workforce are synced with the ecoPortal web app, giving you accurate instant and accurate visibility.
- Access all your event capture forms with associated risks and hazards on the go.
Capture and share relevant photos, videos and audio.
- Go beyond the written word. Use video to easily record accurate accounts and statements, enriching the reporting of hazard and risk events.
- Attach multimedia as evidence to any site inspections or audits.
- Get an in-depth account of incidents by using more engaging and richer forms of content such as images, audio and videos.
Receive notifications and information in real time.
- Understand what’s happening, where it’s happening, and take action immediately.
- Boost participation and engagement across all your staff.
Contact tracing for COVID-19.
- Get notified if a staff member has self-identified as having been exposed to COVID-19 or is exhibiting symptoms or has tested positive.
- Get visibility of location, time and duration of potential contact if a staff member has self-identified as having been exposed to COVID-19, or is exhibiting symptoms.
- Empower senior management to make the right decisions to keep employees safe.
No internet? No problem! Offline mode is here.
- Got workers in remote locations? Or got unlucky with a patchy mobile connection at a worksite? No issues. Log an incident or a near-miss even when you don't have an internet connection.
- ecoPortal Connect will sync to the ecoPortal web app as soon as a hint of connectivity is in the air.
- Access all your risks and hazards - anytime, anywhere, any device.