ecoPortal is a growing company who is looking to add a QA Test Engineer to our team of modern technology geniuses. You will be part of a team who believes in giving individuals the autonomy to manage their own workload, take the responsibility that they want and deliver awesome product outcomes. Open communication, great coffee and comfy couches in our character space awaits the perfect candidate!
What’s the role?
You will join a close-knit culture of creative and analytical minds, work alongside other developers, and contribute to the various stages of web business application from conceptualization to completion. The QA Test Engineer will be responsible for estimating, planning, and co-ordinating testing activities. They will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. Responsibilities will include
- Advocating quality practices and standards in the development organization
- Reviewing requirement specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Executing tests and test cycles in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Estimating, prioritising, planning, and coordinating testing activities
- Designing, developing, and executing automation scripts using open source tools
- Designing, developing, and executing performance related scripts using
- Identifying, recording, and tracking bugs
- Performing thorough regression testing when appropriate (as part of the release process)
What you bring
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and
- Proven experience in software development
- Hands-on experience with testing
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
In our dynamic and growing environment, you will need to have the ability to learn and adapt to change, be passionate about what you create and enjoy finding solutions to problems. For the right candidate, we offer competitive remuneration, a great, spacious office, and a great working environment with 5 weeks of annual holiday (that’s a biggie!), and plenty of interesting things in-between.